- Everyday Vegetarian: A Delicious Guide for Creating 150 Meatless Dishes
Everyday Vegetarian is the ultimate resource for anyone-meat eaters included-who want to make satisfying vegetable-centric dishes using easy-to-find ingredients.
This all-new book by the editors of Cooking Light, isn’t just for vegetarians. It’s for anyone who wants to add more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to their meals and omit meat-without sacrificing flavor-even if it’s just once or twice a week.Beyond the health benefits, you’ll find plenty of bold flavors and rich textures in these appealing dishes that include fresh salads (Fried Egg and Crunchy Breadcrumb Breakfast Salad, Roasted Asparagus and Tomato Penne Salad with Goat Cheese), sandwiches (Avocado, Sprout, and Cashew Spread Sandwich; Portobello Sandwiches with Red Pepper Sauce), soups (Smoky Farro and Chickpea Soup), and hearty one-dish meals, risottos, and bowls (Quick White Bean, Asparagus, and Mushroom Cassoulet; Risotto Primavera; Brown Rice Bowl with Miso, Poached Egg, and Kale-Radish Slaw).Inside the book, you’ll find:
- Over 150 flavorful recipes, including a full-color photograph of every dish
- Complete nutritional information for every recipe
Vegan recipes are identified
- A guide to building an everyday vegetarian kitchen, including details about versatile, flavor-building ingredients that are ideal to keep on hand
- Techniques that visually explain a cooking method or procedure
- Tips that provide insight on ingredients and advice on using them
- A seasonal produce guide, metric equivalents, and much more
Find your place at the vegetarian table with this collection of crave-worthy meals and discover an immensely satisfying way to eat with Everyday Vegetarian.